Why Choose custom aluminum adapters as the first choice?
FRIMA custom aluminum adapters will share more information below:
Material of custom aluminum adapters
Aluminum is a lightweight, non-magnetic, silver-colored metal that can be formed into almost any shape. It can be rolled into thick plates for armored tanks or thin foil for wrappers. It can also be drawn into wire and made into cans.
Aluminum is a comparatively new industrial metal that has been produced in commercial quantities for just over 100 years.
There are a few challenges you need to keep in mind designing aluminum parts. 70% of our products are made of aluminum. We are happy to share our professional experience with you.
Here are some most common types of custom aluminum adapters:
- Aluminum 6061 – mainly used on 3,4 and 5-axis CNC milling machines. It has great mechanical properties and is easy to weld. The hardness of this alloy ranges from medium to high level. This alloy is easy to anodize and bend.
- Aluminum 7075 – this alloy has a high impact resistance however, it is not applicable for welding due to its properties. Also, this alloy has high corrosion resistance. It is a very common material in the bicycle and wheelchair industries.
- Aluminum 2024 – is widely used in the aerospace and military industries. This alloy has good wearability and high corrosion resistance in harsh environments.
Advantages of custom aluminum adapters
- Transportation: The combination of lightness, strength, and malleability makes aluminum the ideal material for transportation applications. It is used in automobiles, airplanes, railways, and marine applications and also for making fuel-efficient engines in cars and trucks.
- Construction: Aluminum facilitates the construction of corrosion-resistant and low-cost buildings. All kinds of aluminum products are used for new construction as well as renovation and due to its strength and lightness, it is used in earthquake-prone zones. It is also a good reflector of light and is often used in lighting fixtures.
- Vehicles: A high proportion of the shock inflicted by an automobile in a motor vehicle accident is absorbed primarily by its aluminum structure.
- Air Travel: Strong aluminum alloys take the extreme pressures and stresses involved in high-altitude flying. Wafer-thin aluminum panels keep the cold out and the air in. Many internal fittings like the seating on airplanes are made from aluminum or aluminum composite in order to save weight and thus save fuel, reduce emissions and increase the aircraft’s payload.
- Electrical Transmission Lines: Aluminum can be drawn into thin wires which are often used in products such as light bulbs and telephone wires.
Applications of custom aluminum adapters
Custom Aluminum adapters can be found everywhere, in a range of industries, especially automotive, aerospace, industrial equipment and machinery, and consumer and computer electronics.
- Automotive parts (light-weighting provides a high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Housing, brackets, and other components for aerospace use that must support heavy load capacities but be lightweight
- Fixtures, calipers, and a variety of other parts for industrial equipment
- Enclosures, panels, consoles, knobs, housing, and other applications for consumer and computer electronics
We can offer the main process for custom aluminum adapters
- CNC Aluminum Turning
- CNC Aluminum Turning-Milling
- CNC Aluminum Lathe
- CNC Aluminum Prototyping
- Aluminum Parts Product Design
Anodizing Options for Custom Aluminum adapters
Anodizing is one of the most common finishing options, offering strong corrosion protection and enhancing the overall appearance of metal parts. Three types of aluminum anodizing are available from Protolabs:
- Type I-Chromic Acid: Provides a whisper-thin but still durable coating. Commonly used for welded parts and assemblies, and as a primer before painting. Like all anodized surfaces, it is non-conductive.
- Type II-Sulfuric Acid: Harder than Type I it offers an exceedingly durable finish. Usage examples include carabiner hooks, flashlight handles, motorcycle parts, and hydraulic valve bodies.
- Type III-Hard Anodize or Hardcoat: This is the thickest and hardest anodize available, and has a wide range of applications for parts and products in automotive, aerospace, heavy equipment, marine industry, general manufacturing, and military/law enforcement.
Make an inquiry for custom aluminum adapters with FRIMA
We supply all our metals and alloys from the leading material suppliers. Our company guarantees that your part will be made according to the specifications of your drawings. Our engineers will gladly help you to optimize your design to make your product cost-effective while our machine operators will ensure 100% quality of each aluminum part made on CNC turning & milling machines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Request an Instant Quote for Your Projects!
You will get a professional one-stop solution to boost your business.
We’re glad to answer any questions you may have!
What our clients say
“ We are deeply grateful to the FRIMA Machining team for their outstanding R&D services and skillful craftsmanship. FRIMA has played a pivotal role in our project's success, and we are currently carrying out positive testing in Saudi Arabia. ”Bill, Research & Development Manager